Welcome to Brookings, South Dakota!
You will find the Brookings School District and community to be a positive and engaging place for students to learn. Both the school district and community place a great importance on education which fosters student success in a challenging and helpful learning atmosphere. We have high expectations and promote quality learning in our schools. We have a diverse culture of opportunity in our own back yard; South Dakota State University, McCrory Gardens, the Children's Museum of South Dakota, and Dakota Nature Park along with the business community just to name a few. The Brookings School District appreciates the wonderful support of our parents. Education in Brookings is truly a community effort.
Click on the District Office or School Name for a map and more information
1. Student academic excellence and achievement through quality programs and an innovative teaching and learning environment.
2. Aligned learning community connected to and engaged with the community and stakeholders.
3. Effective internal and external communications to engage and inform the community and stakeholders.
4. Aligned and integrated effective organizational systems.
5. High performing staff, leadership, and school board governance.
6. Maintain fiscal stability, accountability, and alignment through effective financial practices.
The Brookings School Distict's current Early Childhood -12th enrollment is 3,503 students (as of May 20, 2020)
111 26th Street South
543 Students in Grade EC-3
304 15th Avenue
305 students in Grades K1-3
718 Fifth Street South
347 students in Grades K1-3
1401 15th Street South
498 students in Grades 4 & 5
1801 12th Street South
853 students in Grades 6-8
530 Elm Avenue
957 students in Grade 9-12