Understanding Test Scores
Hello Families and Teachers, I would like to teach you about how to read your child’s or student’s test scores.
The purpose of the videos and Power Point pdf is to give you a better understanding of standardized test scores and to be able to apply it to all normed assessment tools. The following is explained:
- Definition of what the bell curve is by using a familiar example
- Explanation of the difference between a percentile rank and percentage
- Examples of a Normed-Referenced Standard test scores, MAPs percentile rank, and RIT scores
- Showing an IQ scores on the bell curve.
Click here to download all of the Power Points and explanations.
To see a video explantion of the following topics, click on "video."
- Bell Curve: Familiar Example Video (8 minutes: 50 seconds)
- Percentile vs. Percentage Video (5 minutes: 27 seconds)
- Normed-Referenced Standard Test scores, MAPs percentile rank, and RIT scores Video (14 minutes: 33 seconds)
- IQ Scores on a bell curve Video (2 minutes: 40 seconds)