The counseling office is closed for the summer, but here are some frequently asked questions and answers:
- Enrollment-if you are enrolling a new student to the Brookings School District please start here: https://www.brookings.k12.sd.us/domain/38 and follow the detailed instructions.
- Schedule Corrections for 2020-2021 School Year: A process for schedule corrections only is in place at BHS. Schedule corrections will not be handled via phone calls, e-mails or parent meetings. Counselors cannot make changes. All requests for schedule corrections must be made through the BHS Schedule Corrections Form which will become available after schedules are released in August. Try not to worry about your schedule right now~we can visit about it before school starts!
- Transcripts: If you need to request a formal transcript, please utilize our online system at: https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/21635/account Informal transcripts may be printed off your Student Portal. Always use an email address you will have post-high school when creating your account.
- Dual Credit Requests & Forms- All students planning to take Dual Credit Courses were asked to attend a meeting and have Dual Credit Forms signed by May 8 th. If you missed this or have recently decided to sign up for Dual Credit, please refer to the SD Dual Credit Page for more information on how to register and courses available. https://www.brookings.k12.sd.us/Page/866 If you do register for a course over the summer, forms will be signed electronically when counselors return to the office in mid-August.
- SD Opportunity Scholarship Applications- Seniors, these forms do not need counselor signature this year due to the unique circumstances. You may send them in! Remember, they are due to your institution September 1st. https://sdos.sdbor.edu/Pages/default.aspx
- Emergencies- If you are needing help for a personal issue, please contact one of the great agency counselors in our community. This is a great resource for help: https://www.helplinecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/HLCRD-Brookings-Area-Mental-Health-Guide.pdf Please call 911 for all urgent and immediate needs.
Have a great summer!
On Thursday, 4/16/20, the BHS School Counselors hosted two meetings for all juniors to discuss ways to prepare for the senior year.
You can view the powerpoint presentation here: Juniors: How to prepare for your senior year!
On Thursday, 4/30/20, the BHS School Counselors hosted two meetings for students who are interested in taking online summer classes. The powerpoint can be found here:Online Courses Summer and Fall 2020
The mission of the BHS Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program adressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement.
Counselor Assignments are by last name as follows:
Coble Harrell Johnson Mork
9th A-Fl Fo-H J-Q R-Z
10th A- Go Gr-J K-Q R-Z
11th A-He Hi-Kr Ku-Re Ri-Z
12th A-Ha Former Bobcat Academy He-Pe Ph-Z
August 19, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 21, 2020
August 29, 2020
September 7, 2020
September 12, 2020
September 13, 2020